Shop by Category
- Jewelry & Clothing
- Jul & Christmas
- Advent Calendars, Paper Kits & Crafts
- Christmas Cards & Notes
- Christmas Soaps
- Cutouts & Tomterader
- Home Decor, Candles & Accessories
- Linens, Runners & Towels
- Napkins & Plates
- Stickers, Gift Labels & Tags
- Straw Goats & More
- Tomtar, Nisser, Gnomes & Tonttu
- Wrapping Paper, Gift Bags & Ribbon
- Kitchen & Table
- On Sale Now
- New In Our Shop
- Scandinavian Home
- Kids Stuff
- Paper Napkins & Plates
- Nordic Gift Glass
- Scandinavian Treats
- Shop All
- Swedish Dishcloths
- Your Scandinavian Heritage
Recipe from the book "Swedish Cakes and Cookies"
Makes Approx. 20 Pastries
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Deep frying: vegetable oil
- Garnish: sugar
- Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl that is wider than the rosette iron.
- Heat the oil to 360 degrees. Use a thermometer or do the "bread test"*.
- Heat the rosette iron in the oil at the same time.
- Remove the iron and let excess oil drip off.
- Dip in the batter.
- Hold over the deep fryer to set the batter a little.
- Deep-fry until golden, around 1 minute.
- Loosen from the iron with a fork.
- Drain on paper towels. Reheat the iron before frying the next rosette.
- Dip the rosettes in sugar.
- Place a cube of white bread in the hot oil. If it turns golden brown after around one minute, the temperature is correct.